Thursday, November 30, 2006

primer

I was rereading my previous post and realized that the spellcheck went a little haywire and I did not pay enough attention.
so here is a primer
nest Christmas = next Christmas
Satiate was beautiful = Saturday was beautiful
SEC's = SC's (Skeintily Clad's)
tempos hitting the 60's F = temps hitting the 60's F (rumored to happen again this weekend!)

As far as I can tell, those are the corrections.

Well, now for a funny anecdote, an update on craftiness and, not sure what else.
Anecdote: Since I have had Evil Gutt for a couple of months now, everyone in the lab is familiar with my Butt Donut. Well, a second popped on me (even with the 10 year warranty!). I was massaging my aching butt and lower back while getting a drink of my vitamin water when my boss looked at me and asked "Anything new?" Now a smart person would put in something about science or the progress I am making on my postdoc packets or the like. But no, I decide to answer her rather open-ended question in the following way : "My second donut popped and now my butt is sore." Followed quickly with "You'd think my ass would be cushioned enough on its own!?!"

Craftiness: I went to SC's on Tuesday to knit a bit while watching House. toiling away on BF sweater, which progresses painfully slowly. While there, I offered to help SC with a project, so I took some felt home and sewed them into stars. I return them today so that she can needle felt some designs on them. But the bit of sewing I did reminede me how much I enjoy sewing. Cleaning off my craft table, which was covered in dirty clothes and magazines, so that I could access my sewing machine caused me to uncover many started-but-as-yet-unfinished projects.

And yet, my postdoc packets are not yet complete either.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home