Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Post for the New Year

Hey - did you hear that it is the New Year?!?! Can't go more than two minutes without someone mentioning it. Well, I really enjoyed 2006. Seriously. I did lots of maintenance type things in 2006 to improve my quality of life. Now granted, I have not achieved my greatest goal to date - the Defending of the Ph. D. - but that will come.
Now, a list of things of which I am proud.
1. Treated my depression - terribly important as far as the quality of life issues
2. Got treatment for my OCD issues - see above
3. Successfully dated a man.
4. Maintained a relationship with said man - dealing with the first two issues allowed me to be more open to developing an intimate relationship.
5. Addressed my debt issues - not all, but this is a reasonably deep hole out from which I have to climb.
6. Cemented my relationship with my sister, her husband and their child - this one just keeps paying off, making me really happy.
7. Went to a professional conference - career development is always good.
8. Started the postdoc hunt.

Things that should have been accomplished in 2006 that have now been moved to the 2007 To Do List:
1. Defend the Damned Ph. D. - this needs no explanation
2. Transition into postdoc.
3. Start saving in earnest.
4. Take a vacation - Caribbean, Europe, Mediterranean...
5. Have Halley's teeth cleaned.
6. Take off the weight put on this past year and start triathlon training again
7. Practice more yoga and meditation.
8. Start paying back mom for all of the help these past years.

As a bonus, I am including a picture of me and TSB on New Year's Eve. Since we met one year ago on this night, we are taking it as our anniversary (no more monthaversaries!!!), though it was really some time in January that we started dating. I made my dress this year is just under a week, a mania that was sparked by SC. That's it - it was all her fault - blame her. Now, back to work on TSB's Boyfriend Sweater. Then again, it is supposed to be ~60 F by the end of the week - not like he is missing it.
Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home