Monday, April 23, 2007

Trench

Well, it is Monday, the 23rd day of April, and I am still in Grad School. I have asked the Boss Lady to up the weekly meetings to two, as I am afraid I will never get the Fuck out of here.
This weekend I met TSB's father for the first time (mom is not in the picture). He has a slightly wonky eye, which immediately reminded me of Rodney Dangerfield. That likeness went away as the day wore on, and I realized just how much TSB and his father are alike. (TSB has never reminded me of R.D. That would be creepy) Same mannerisms, same quirks, all of the inside jokes one would expect. It was enlightening and offered me some further insight into TSB. Nothing Earth-shattering. Just more personal, intimate some how.
Also this weekend was some amazing sushi from Oishii with TNG and her boy. Alas, that may be the last of that kind of indulgence for a while, as the reality of the expense of moving is starting to dawn on me and TSB.
I have not yet made a final decision on where to go for the pd. As both places offered up a new home, it was simultaneously the best and worst of all possible worlds. Best, for who can complain with two offers? Worst, for now I must make a decision. I hates me some decisions. I decided to use this afternoon's session with the shrink to help me. I mean, that is why I pay her, isn't it?
Also, the brother is getting married this weekend. It is jam packed with other activities, so I am unsure of the logistics (Tri-state commitments and all) but I know they will include imbibing of some sort.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home