Wednesday, March 07, 2007

bummer

also, I forgot to mention that my necklace broke. I usually wear a diamond solitaire. Originally, I inherited a 1/4 carat diamond solitaire from my grandmother's estate, but I lost that when the chain broke at a Biochem/Biophys retreat several years ago. I was heartbroken.
Then, about three years ago, I came upon a simple necklace with a slide pendant with a diamond chip in the center. Not as flashy, but still, made of a metal that did not react with my skin and cause boils. I basically wore it 99% of the time, except when I needed to wear pearls.
Then on Monday night, while watching Heroes at Skeintilly Clad's, I reached up to play with the necklace and pendant and it fell into my hand. Well, really the necklace fell into my hand and the slide pendant fell right through my fingers. ACK!
My neck feels so naked! There is nothing for my left hand to play with while reading. I had been considering a gift for myself upon completion of grad school - this nifty bit o' bling - but that seems so far off. Also, I was considering adopting another one of these. Unfortunately, both cost money.
Feels. So. Naked. Exposed. Cold.....

1 Comments:

Blogger zeebi said...

weeellllll.....
i might be able to fix yr necklace. or did you lose the pendant?
man, has grad school been rough on your neck.
when you get a new one, ask me for rio grande's catalog. b/c you know you need to MAKE the next one. (bad jenn, BAD JENN!)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home